Save the Date: Capital Region/Hudson Valley Regional Conference – 5/15/10
May 1, 2010
Expanded and Improved Medicare for All – Round 2!
Join with activists and supporters from across New York’s Capital Region and the Hudson Valley to learn more about the state of health care reform and develop strategies to strengthen the grassroots movement for Expanded and Improved Medicare for All.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
9:30 am – 3:30 pm (registration/coffee: 9:00 -9:30 am)
First Unitarian Universalist Society of Albany
405 Washington Ave
• Steffie Woolhandler, MD, MPH. Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Co-founder, PNHP
• Terry O’Neill, President of the National Organization for Women (NOW)
• Rose Roach, Field Director, California School Employees Association (CSEA), AFL-CIO
• Hon. Wanda Willingham, Albany County Legislature
• Shaun Flynn, Director, Government Affairs, NYS Nurses Association.
• Wayne Bayer, EnCon, Public Employees Federation, AFL-CIO
• Pricilla Bassett, Vice President, StateWide Senior Action Council
Workshops Strategy Sessions
Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-729-3068
$10 – 20 contribution requested to cover lunch and costs.
Endorsed by: National Organization for Women – New York State; NYS Nurses Association; Capital District Alliance for Universal Healthcare; SPNY – Saratoga; SPNY – New Paltz; Troy Central Labor Council; The Solidarity Committee; Hunger Action Network-NYS; Social Responsibilities Council, FUUSA